Director of Brand Marketing APPLY NOW
Who We Are:
Otherland is a digitally-native home fragrance brand launched in December 2017 with their flagship product, candles. Otherland takes a visual-first approach to overcome the challenges of selling scent online. By working with different artists to tell stories for each new collection edition, the candle is elevated to be an experiential, consumable objet d'art. It's the intersection of self-care meets home care.
What You'll Do:
We are seeking a Director of Brand Marketing to refine our brand position, evangelize our brand across touchpoints, and develop engaging, high impact campaigns that increase awareness of Otherland to grow our incredible customer base. This person will be responsible for setting the strategy and building the team that will own growing awareness of Otherland through PR, media and brand partnerships, social media, community programs and integrated campaigns.
• Revisit and refine our brand positioning, tagline, brand attributes, and visual core, leading this mission critical effort in partnership with creative and executive teams.
• Raise the bar for how our brand is communicated across touchpoints.
• Develop and drive strategic marketing programs from inception to launch.
• Own and optimize the overall GTM calendar in close coordination with Creative and Product teams
• Lead customer and market insight research, leveraging deep understanding of our audience and brand positioning to drive effective messaging and creative strategies.
• Dream big and bring big ideas to the table.
• Coach, develop and manage the Social Media Marketing, Content (Editorial) Marketing, Influencer & Community Marketing teams, as well as agencies who may support individual initiatives and channels.
• 7 -10 years of experience in marketing or brand management on brand and/or agency side; management experience a plus.
• Brand-first champion and creative, who continually pushes brand thinking and rallies a team around a common vision
• Passion for creative storytelling, consumer shopping behavior, emerging trends in social marketing and new media
• Balanced left and right brain marketer, with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and proven ability to turn findings into executable, strategic plans
• Creative thinker with a keen eye for detail, display comfort working in cross functional settings both as a leader and a player, have an ability to think outside of the box to find creative and unorthodox solutions that give the brand its edge.
• Results-oriented with an exceptional track record of developing holistic marketing strategies and plans that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation
- leadership team that embraces technology, creativity, and initiative