Executive Assistant APPLY NOW
Who We Are:
Otherland is a digitally-native home fragrance brand launched in December 2017 with their flagship product, candles. Otherland takes a visual-first approach to overcome the challenges of selling scent online. By working with different artists to tell stories for each new collection edition, the candle is elevated to be an experiential, consumable objet d'art. It's the intersection of self-care meets home care.
What You'll Do:
The Executive Assistant will work with and report directly to Otherland’s CEO/Co-Founder and will enable her to be a more effective and productive leader, as well as assisting the COO/Co-Founder. This is a role for a well-organized, highly-motivated, collaborative individual who can effectively multi-task while operating in the fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment of a startup. We’re looking for someone with strengths in execution and communication, as is the ability to build a foundation of trust and with high EQ in dealing with external individuals and organizations as well as our team. High administrative competency, discretion, and an understanding of personality management are key. All candidates must be based in New York City as of 9/7/2021, eligible for work in the United States, have at least 2 years professional work experience, and be able to work starting immediately.
- Optimize CEO’s workflow with an eye for prioritization, organization, and creating systems to maximize efficiency/productivity and remove personal blockers, enabling her to do her best work.
- Act as go-to resource for the CEO, available throughout the work day and off-hours as needed.
- Execute and follow up on delegated tasks, projects and initiatives.
- Inbox management and prioritization of action items and follow ups.
- Scheduling and managing calendars.
- Multi-task and balance competing schedules and priorities, efficiently handling (and anticipating when possible) last-minute changes.
- Maintain positive relationships with external contacts on behalf of the CEO and COO.
- Prepare agendas, document and follow up on action items.
- Manage gifting, product and sample sendouts as needed.
- Complete day-to-day errands and situational requests.
- Coordinate logistics for events or activities.
- Provide general office support.
- Must be currently based in NYC.
- Minimum 2 years professional work experience is required, ideally in a startup environment.
- Prior experience as an Executive or Personal Assistant is preferred.
- Maniacal about detail and organization; a stellar multi-tasker.
- Highly execution oriented, with good instincts for anticipating needs and changes.
- Scrappy + resourceful; a self-starter.
- Flexible, agile, with ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating proactively and directly.
- The ability to maintain total discretion on all matters, confidential or otherwise, business or personal.
- Low-ego attitude; ready and excited to conquer any task.
- Design-minded, tuned into current events, politics, and trends is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation
- leadership team that embraces technology, creativity, and initiative