Social Media/Content Manager APPLY NOW
Who We Are:
Otherland is a digitally-native home fragrance brand launched in December 2017 with their flagship product, candles. Otherland takes a visual-first approach to overcome the challenges of selling scent online. By working with different artists to tell stories for each new collection edition, the candle is elevated to be an experiential, consumable objet d'art. It's the intersection of self-care meets home care.
What You'll Do:
You are our chief digital storyteller - you’ll own development and execution of Otherland’s content and brand narrative with a focus on visual social media. You’ll also assist with founder content.
- Develop monthly Otherland content strategy across channels (driven by Instagram and adapted to Youtube/Facebook/Twitter and email/blog) to tell the story of the brand and founder, communicate activation messaging/themes and product offerings, and create lifestyle context and community. Strategy will include channel objectives and goals, visual treatment, cadence of posting, editorial franchises and content buckets, fresh engagement tactics, levers to accelerate follower growth (ie collaborations and giveaways), budgets and required resources, metrics and feedback/review process, content syndication etc.
- Monitor and report on content marketing metrics/insights and show continuous improvement of the content strategy based on analytics.
- Create all organic content for Otherland:
- Photo & video shoots (including shot list creation and art direction, sourcing photographer, prop stylist, talent, etc as needed, financial negotiations, scouting and booking locations, sourcing props as needed, coordination and logistics, managing shoot communications and run-of-show, overseeing retouching and post-production, etc). 75% social shoots, 25% major collection/launch campaigns.
- Graphic design assets (including providing briefs and feedback to graphic designers for layouts, text overlays, animations, and doing lightweight editing of graphic design assets and templates)
- Curate found/community content for re-posting: press highlights, interior images, scent inspiration images, influencer and customer-generated content.
- B-roll / behind-the-scenes / Team Otherland
- Copywriting and hashtags
- Assist with founder content and provide feedback and coaching as needed.
- Collaborate with Performance Marketing Team on ad content creation as needed.
- Help with planning and future build-out of in-house Otherland content studio.
- Highly visually-driven with exceptional eye for smart, creative, effective content. You appreciate and admire the art of high quality brand content and its nuances.
- Forward-thinking mentality to spearhead innovation around content creation, community growth, and engagement. You like to experiment and quickly iterate to see what works!
- Feedback-seeking attitude with ability to pivot as necessary.
- Comfortable in unstructured, fast-paced, dynamic work environment of a startup and able to autonomously create organizational structure and systems.
- “How can I help?” mindset - willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to help the brand grow and scale, which may include working late nights and on tight deadlines.
- Experience in overseeing film / photo / digital / post production
- Passionate, creative digital storyteller with 4+ years of experience specifically in the social media space with experience sourcing, producing, and managing content development.
- Excellent writing and language skills, especially as it relates to brand story-telling
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop / InDesign / Premiere Pro), Apple Keynote is required, video editing and photography skills a plus
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation
- leadership team that embraces technology, creativity, and initiative