Strategy and Business Operations APPLY NOW
Who We Are:
Otherland is a digitally-native home fragrance brand launched in December 2017 with their flagship product, candles. Otherland takes a visual-first approach to overcome the challenges of selling scent online. By working with different artists to tell stories for each new collection edition, the candle is elevated to be an experiential, consumable objet d'art. It's the intersection of self-care meets home care.
What You'll Do:
Our Strategy and Business Operations Manager will have the unique opportunity to shape and own a business line end-to-end (everything from go-to-market strategy to P&L management to sourcing and launching new opportunities). The ideal candidate will be a strategic, analytical, and cross-functional thinker, with an interest collaborating with, digital product, marketing, creative, and product development teams. This role is perfect for a self-starter who wants the chance to build and own something from start to finish.
- Craft business plan and go-to-market strategy for new business lines utilizing customer deep insights to create a lasting competitive advantage
- Inform the growth strategy, the sources of growth and the accompanying projects
- Manage the day-to-day executional and cross-functional working teams to bring an idea from concept to reality
- Responsible for forecasting and goal setting across business line and identifying and sizing new opportunities for growth and optimization
- Identify new sources of opportunity in an ever-changing external environment (competitive and market) and look for ways to strengthen the connection we have with our customer
- Collaborate with the marketing team to understand core elements of the product offering and combine that strategy with their channel needs, their key milestones and what it will take for all marketing projects to be ROI+
- Have strategic and innovative thinking: You can internalize our vision and help us think creatively about the multiple paths we can take to get there
- Have strong analytical skills: You have the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on data
- Are a confident relationship manager and strong negotiator: You have excellent interpersonal skills including networking, relationship-building, negotiation, and the ability to develop strong buy-in from diverse groups
- Are a start-up hustler: You are inherently scrappy - willing to “get your hands dirty” and do what it takes to get any job done. You are comfortable with ambiguity and able to multi-task with positivity in an ever-changing environment.
- 2-5 years in a strategy, operations and execution role (management consulting or start-up experience a plus)
- Outstanding Excel skills
- Bachelor level degree in business, finance, or economics;
- Proven track record of successful process design and implementation
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment: highly self-directed, results-oriented and able to work at both strategic and tactical levels
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries & benefits, flexible vacation
- leadership team that embraces technology, creativity, and initiative